28 July, 2010

Tekken is in the Cinemas!!

Yes, you heard me! I think everyone that has experienced Tekken either in the PlayStation or at the arcade would've expected a movie to come from this awesome video game due to it's cinematic ending at the end for every character. Don't understand? Well the tradition is, every character that manages to storm pass the final stage (after beating the s**t out of the boss) will earn a cinematic ending with individual storyline something like a gold pot at the end of the rainbow for our hard work and it has been like that since Tekken 3 which was one of my first ever video games when the PlayStation ONE was still a hot issue. The tradition lives on till today with Tekken 6 in the PS3 which I do not own one, YET.

Anyway skip the geeky game history talk, most of us expected a movie but not a live action (played by real people). I was expecting more of a 3D-animation thingy like 'Final Fantasy: Advent Children' or 'Avatar'. To be honest, I don't know how I should feel about this because actors playing your favorite hero can be disappointing at times especially when they don't look tad bit similar at all. The only way I can find out is to watch it with my very own eyes and there's no better way than to do it at a premiere screening. To do so, I'm going to have to dig deep into my sacred heart to tell you about a favorite character of mine from Tekken.

He's cool, he's Korean and his name is Hwoa.. Rang!



and my reason is simple: He seriously kick-ass with his legs!



He has super fast kicking moves and the best part is his lethal combos. I once drained half the life of my opponent by carefully scoring the best combo possible, all with just his legs and that made me felt orgasmic GREAT!



Ever since then I'll usually use Hwoarang and whenever my brother wants to pick a fight with me, Hwoarang would definitely get the job done for me.. ;)


the cinematic ending for Hwoarang


Interesting trivia: Hwoarang is the only person to win an official tournament match against Jin (based on the cinematic endings).

image credit to Tekkenpedia