17 April, 2010

Clean Up

28th March 2010

My dad manage to take some time off from his busy schedule for Cheng Beng (Ching Ming) fest at Ipoh, his home sweet home. I always loved visiting Ipoh, it's a paradise for food lovers, faraway from congested KL. Compare to KL, Ipoh have a relatively low traffic jams but they are famous for their not left, not right but middle line driver. That's no typo, I really meant LINE not LANE. I'm actually referring to the old uncle/aunty driving classic toyota model car right in the middle of the road. To be honest, only at Ipoh where you can actually still see old classic model cars around, cars that don't even exist anymore back here in KL. Example:


Datsun 160J



Datsun Bluebird



Datsun B110



Toyota Crown 1981


One thing that I don't enjoy on Cheng Beng is the need to drag myself from bed friggin early in the wee morning to prepare stuff and to look alive (no pun intended). We reached the cemetery at about 7.30am and cars were already lined up all the way along the main road and I thought we were too early. It's only been a year since I last came to the cemetery (well, I don't have a reason to be there again isn't it?) and it looks as though it's been years since anyone actually cleaned it up. Piles of dried leaves, fallen branches, weeds and plants growing all over the place. I can't imagine how it would look like if no one comes by every year oh wait I can, the plot next to my ancestors' seem "untouched" for quite some time.. "tsk tsk tsk.. budak budak zaman sekarang..." It's just not right.









Jamie bored from feeding mosquitoes



I wonder what my brother saw.. *evil grin*


a lil renovation work in progress



light em' up!

hope the package is received




not exactly the best scenery to have romantic dinner on the 14th



So stress so stress.. I have to study, study, study. K bye.

No comments: