25 July, 2010

I've Got Soul But I'm Not a Soldier

It's been a long hectic week for me. What's happenin people, did you miss my self centered updates? I've been working like an ox on a rice field, crazy labor work is what I'll call it. Definitely not easy to find the time to bring out the blogging mojo in me. Just when I thought after the exams I'll be as free as a bird, well I thought wrong. Very wrong. Had to become the obedient son and follow my dad around to work. Yes, we do share the same work uniform but not the same workload. Apparently, the son would have to suffer a lil more which is the whole point of bringing a son to work aside from gathering life experiences.

Actually, I really don't mind following my old man around. It's quite fun to go places (mostly sites), learning new skills and such but the one thing I really can't stand is the constant banging from him. It's one thing to get scolded at home and entirely another when at work. At work, he's the boss I'm the intern so whatever he says I better believe it's damn true and just shut the hell up. No point debating when you know at the end he's gonna stab one at you with his years of experience in the field.

Here's a fun fact for you guys: I refrain calling him "pa" when at work.. I refer him with titles such as "boss", "low sai" (not shitting in hokkien, it's boss in canto), "see thau" (another term for employer in canto) to avoid unnecessary attention from the unknown public. Regardless of my effort, there are some people that know about our blood r'ship and the reaction on their face is epic at times. Some would widen their eyes and ask how old am I and some would just laugh it off because it seemed that it's merely impossible for my dad to have a son this big at his apparent age. Consider the reality of our modern world today, my parents is considered young when they wed. Today people get married like what, after 30? If you do the math, my dad is already a father at the age of 30 so yea.. that's why I'm 20 next month and he's just in his 40's.. (don't try to be funny people, I'm not born out of wedlock!)

Aside from my rant, now I got good news/bad news situation.. The good news is I've got a cool LCD monitor in my room! I'm using a 23" LED LCD monitor to type this out and it's uber cool, crystal clear!! "WOOO HOOO!!!" Bad news is.. it's not mine. "Aww.. snap!" I'm merely just "testing" it out. Soon this beautiful babe is gonna be hung up on a blank wall and showing 24/7 CCTV recording. What a waste huh? My dad was just helping out a customer to buy fyi. Oh well.. After a week or so, I'll have to revert back to my 17" box-type (the old fashion type) monitor. Wooo~ T.T I'm praying hard this monitor is not compatible with the CCTV recorder (which is merely impossible) so I get to keep it! Muahahaha..

Check it out yo!


Look at how beautiful this b**ch is.. I'm keeping it, I don't care!


Btw, I've just done uploading pics from Ben's 20th so keep a look out for the space above aight? ;)

No comments: